PROTEKTIVE PAK 37508 ESD STORAGE CONTAINER, 16-7/8 x 10 x 3-1/2 IN
Protektive Pak® Storage Containers provide ESD and physical protection for ESD sensitive components.
Box Inner Dimensions (L" x W" x D"):
16-7/8 x 10 x 3-1/2
- Protektive Pak® shipping, handling, and storage containers
- Constructed of impregnated corrugated material for greater durability
- Static dissipative surface resistivity of 106 - 108 ohms
- Buried shielding layer minimizes the potential of sloughing and rub-off contamination
- Easy assembly without the need for tape, glue, or staples
- Made from 100% recycled material and is 100% recyclable
- Lid may be purchased separately. Click here for lid.
- Static dissipative bottom foam pad may be purchased separately. Click here for bottom foam.
- Made in the United States of America
This product is constucted from Protektive Pak Impregnated Corrugated Material.
- Static dissipative surface of 106 - 108 ohms tested per ANSI/ESD 11.11 - minimizing the potential of rapid discharge or sparking
- Buried shielding layer protects ESDS items, minimizing the potential of sloughing and rub-off contamination
- Made from 100% recycled material, and is 100% recyclable
- No tooling costs
- Reusable, ensuring best value
Superiority of Protektive Pak
Impregnated Corrugated vs. Coated Material
|CONSISTENT QUALITY Manufactured by one paper mill with computerized control, resulting in consistent high quality.||Manufactured without computer controls and applied at various geographical locations, resulting in quality variations.|
|STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY Carbon is added during the paper making process. The paper is a 6 layer process. The top surface layer is static dissipative, measuring 106 to 108 ohms. The conductive layer is in the 5th layer from the surface measuring <104 ohms.||Material is coated or printed with carbon loaded black ink which is then coated with a clear sealer to help coating stay on. Shielding layer is very close to surface and high carbon content can bleed through. Result is poor and inconsistent static dissipative effectiveness.|
|LOWER SULFUR CONTENT Manufactured from 100% recycled paper with consistently low sulfur content.||Manufactured from either recycled or virgin paper or a combination of both. Sulfur content may be low or high which can cause corrosion to leads and circuits.|
|GREATER DURABILITY 1,000 Times Thicker. Abrasion tests have shown no loss in particles at 100 cycles, only 1% loss for 200 cycles and 60% loss for 500 cycles.||Tests have shown a 50% loss in particles in only 10 cycles and a 100% loss in 100 cycles.|
|SLOWS RAPID DISCHARGE Burying the conductive layer under a dissipative surface reduces the potential for a rapid discharge when contacted by a charged device.||A very conductive surface that may pose a charged device model (CDM) ESD danger to components stored in open bin boxes, in-plant handlers, shippers, totes, nesting trays, etc.|
|BETTER SHIELDING EFFECTIVENESS Shielding effectiveness is equal to or greater than coated conductive materials.||Some coated products shield poorly due to inconsistent application procedures by some manufacturers.|
|BETTER VALUE More durable structure, 1,000 times thicker, which consistently shields your product from ESD, is also safer and better for the environment.||Simple structure which can lack consistency of ESD shielding, durability, and safety.|
NOTE: All three microscopic photos are approximately the same scale.
Protektive Pak impregnated corrugated fiberboard with static dissipative surface and buried shielding layer have consitently proved superior to coated or printed materials. The ESD protection layers simply do not wear off in abrasion tests like coated materials.
|Properties||Typical Values||Test Procedures/
|Surface Resistivity||Meets ANSI/ESD S20.20 and Packaging standard ANSI/ESD S541 1 x 106 to < 1 x 109 ohms||ANSI/ESD STM11.11|
|Corrosivity||Contains 1-3 ppm reducible sulfur||FED-STD-101, Method 3005 for reducible sulfur|
|Sloughing Test||Negligible surface damage at 10 cycles and <5% of surface damage at 200 cycles in Taber Abradion Test.||ASTM D4060 at 70 rpm with CS-17 abrasive-coated wheels and 1000 grams load|
|No conductive particles abraded from surface||Rockwell International Test Report of January 8, 1992|
|Recyclability||Complete recyclability of package||Rockwell International Test Report of January 8, 1992|
|Biodegradability||Biodegradation in or on moist soil|